Cervical Spondylosis is a degenerative condition of the cervical spine which is caused by age-related changes in the cushion between the joints of the neck and neckbone. In Ayurveda, it is known as grivasandhigatvata. Ayurvedic cervical spondylosis treatment works on the root-cause by balancing the doshas and strengthening the asthi dhatu.
Click on Video: Neck Pain | Cervical Disc Injury | Nucleus Health
According to Ayurveda Cause of Cervical Spondylosis
- Age – Cervical spondylosis is a normal part of ageing.
- Sedentary Lifestyle.
- Bad food habits
- Recent Neck Surgery or Injuries
- Genetic Factors – Family History of Spondylosis.
- Being Overweight
Symptoms of Cervical Spondylosis
A common manifestation of this problem is a lingering pain in the neck which radiates to the shoulders.
- Muscle spasms
- General fatigue
- Weakness – legs and arms
- Loss of balance
- Stiffness – neck, shoulders or legs
- Loss of control over bladder or bowel movements
Ayurvedic Cervical Spondylosis Treatment
The Ayurvedic Cervical Spondylosis Treatment mainly focuses on the pacification of the aggravated Vata by improving digestion and enhancing the digestive fire. This ayurvedic cervical spondylosis treatment is followed by administration of herb medicines that faster rejuvenation of body tissues. Also, Panchakarma ayurvedic treatment has shown positive effects in treating cases of cervical spondylosis.
Panchakarma treatments like Abhyanga swedam, Shirovasti or shirodhara, Elakizhi, Sarvangadhara, Greeva basti, Nasyam, Navara or mamsa kizhi, Vasti is done based on the person’s condition and severity of the disease.
Click on below Video: Relieve Cervical Spondylitis, Neck Pain with Manyabasti – Effective Panchkarma Therapy
Ayurvedic Herbs for Cervical Spondylosis Treatment
Ginger is best remedies for neck pain as it is a common kitchen spice.
Ginger is also excellent for the digestive as well as the respiratory system as it helps pacify Vata.
It is known for its ability to reduce inflammation markers in the blood, which makes it a potent analgesic in case of cervical spondylosis.
This adaptogenic herb is a natural ayurvedic remedies for cervical spondylosis.
As it can keep your stress at bay, it works wonderfully well as a muscle relaxant.
It is also excellent for improving muscle strength and bone density that make Indian ginseng the right choice for those suffering from cervical spondylosis.
Shallaki herb is ayurvedic anti-inflammatory herbs where the purified resin is used for pain relief and swelling.
It is usually known as “Salai Guggulu.”
It is highly recommended as an all natural way to treat cervical spondylosis and arthritis pains without any side effects.
The gum resin of the Commiphora Mukul tree is the most revered ayurvedic anti-inflammatory agents and herb for cervical spondylosis relief.
It is best ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of osteoarthritis pains.
Ayurvedic physicians use a compound preparation named as Simhanada Guggulu for this condition.
Home Remedies Tips For Ayurvedic Cervical Spondylosis Treatment
1. Castor oil helps in cleaning ama and balancing vata dosha. Before going to bed take 1 tbsp of castor oil, once or twice in a week.
2. Take 1 tbsp warm mustard oil or sesame oil with 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic and 1 tbsp of ajwain seeds roast it until it becomes reddish brown color. Ensure that it does not get burned. Massage this oil on only affected areas after that do hot fomentation with salt potli (Potli Massage Therapy).
- Increase consumption of oily foods that are easily digested, purified butter, vegetable soups, sweet things, almonds and milk.
- Avoid refined flour, kidney beans, rice and other foods that cause flatulence.
- Try to avoid physical and mental exertion.
- Good sleep at night.
- Regular body massage with sesame oil.
- Ujjai Pranayam and Dhanurasan are highly recommended for cervical pains.
Yoga for Cervical Spondylosis
- Wind Relieving Pose (Pavana Muktasana)
- Half Plough Pose (Ardha Halasana)
- Bridge Pose (Setubandhasana)
- Boat Pose (Naukasana)
- Infant Pose (Bal-Shayanasana)
Click on below Video: Yoga for Cervical Spondylosis