What is Ayurvedic Rasayana Therapy?
Ayurvedic Rasayana therapy is a healthcare system of Ayurveda. The word Rasayana is composed of two terms Rasa and Ayan. Rasa means “nourishing juice”, and Ayan means “pathways”, So term Rasayana means by which one gets the excellence of Rasa is known as Rasayana. Apart from the excellence of Rasa, the person is endowed with Psychic excellence like mental stability and alertness, by rejuvenation therapy. Drugs, diet and regimens which promote longevity by delaying aging and preventing the diseases are called Rasayana.
Click on Below Video: Decoding Ayurvedic Panchakarma & Rasayana Therapy
Ayurvedic Rasayana Therapy
The rasayana therapy in Panchakarma treatment includes:
1. Kashaya Vasti
This therapy involves enema using medicated decoction in the removal of gas that causes pain and also removes toxins for the body detoxification.
Sirovasti is a process in which warm medicated oil is made to stay stagnant on the scalp for a specific time in a properly formed frame made up of leather or rexine sheet.
Dhara is a process in which oil is applied on the head bearing in mind the resistance level of the person.
A profoundly refreshing and revitalising massage that is practised as rejuvenation therapy to relieve the joint stiffness due to vata.
In tharpanam, hollo wells of black gram paste and gently sculpted around the eyes. It is a therapy which nourishes the eye mainly.
Karpoornam is instilling medicated oils or clarified ghee in the ears.
Application of medicine into the internal surface of the eyelid from the medial to the lateral side. It will reduce itchiness, sharpens vision and eliminates dosha from the eyes.
In gandoosham treatment, it involves simple gargling using medicinal liquid. It treats different ailments of the ear, nose, eye, head, throat, mouth canal.
9. Yoga and Meditation
It helps in relieving stress and improves the brain’s capacity of perception, awareness and efficiency in processing.
Benefits of Ayurvedic Rasayana Therapy
- It enhances the memory power, body strength, skin lustre and physical strength.
- Ayurvedic rasayana therapy improves the natural resistance against disease by increasing the immunity power and nourishes the whole body.
- It nourishes the blood, flesh, lymph, semen and adipose tissue and thus prevents chronic degenerative changes and illness.
- Rasayana which has marked effect on reproductive organs and nourished shukra dhatu.
- Helps to attain the optimal physical strength and sharpness of sense organs.
- This ayurvedic rasayana therapy improves the circulation of vital fluid and eliminates the excess elements rejuvenates the nervous system and keeps vitality and stamina.
- It prevents wasting of muscles, osteoporosis, greying of hair and provides good sleep and appetite.
- Rasayana stimulates the body by sustaining the required balance between anabolism and catabolism.
- Improve metabolic processes, which results in the best possible biotransformation and tissues and eradicates senility and other diseases of old age.
- This ayurvedic rasayana therapy keeps your body and minds pleasant.
Click on Below Video: Right Ayurvedic Rasayana for your Body
Rasayana Therapy for Different Types of Disorder
Forgiving strength and increasing the immunity of the pathways or channel systems following herbal, mineral or metallic preparations can be given:
- Respiratory Disorders: Black Pepper, Piper longum and mica oxide – 1000 times potentised abhrak bhasma.
- Digestive Problems: Ginger, garlic, black pepper, the ash of conch.
- Urinary Disorders: Punarnava, Varuna, Gokshura, coconut water.
- Immunity: Shatavari, Guduchi -Tinospora cordifolia, Dates etc.
- Blood Disorders: Manjishtha – Rubia cordifolia, Sariva-Hemidesmus indicus, Dhamasa – Fagonia arabica,
- Intestinal Disorders: Bilva, Haritaki, Triphala.
- Over Sweating: Dhatura, Sandalwood
- Muscular atrophy: Ashwagandha, meat soup, Gold oxide, etc.
- Fat Metabolism: Guggul, shilajeet, exercise.
- Bone: Resin of Acacia, coral, pearl.
- Bone Marrow: Yashtimadhu, Brahmi, Shankhapushpi, Jatamansi, Silver oxide, walnut, almonds, saffron.
- Sexual Disorders: Kapikacchu, ghee, milk
- Mental Disorders: Medhya rasayana – Brahmi, Gotukola, Shankhapushpi – Convolvulus pleuricaulis, Jatamansi – Nardostachys jatamansi, Vacha – Acoras calamus
- Mentural Disorders: Ashoka, Lodhra, Shatavari.
Rasayana for Different Organs:
- Brain: Medhya Rasayana like Brahmi, Shankhapushpi etc. Heart – Arjuna – Terminalia Arjuna
- Kidney: Gokshur – Tribulus Terrestris, Punarnava – Boerrhavia diffuse
- Pancreas and Diabetes: Meshshrungi – Gymnema Sylvestre, Daruharidra
- Small Intestine: Trikatu, Chitraka
- Large Intestine: Parpati Preparations
- Eye: Triphala, Amla